Hot Mulled Cider
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 1 Orange
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks
- 15 Whole Allspice Berries
- 12 Whole Cloves
- (optional) 6 whole cardamom pods
- (optional) ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- (optional) brown sugar or honey to taste
- Pour the cider into a large saucepan, place it over medium heat and cover.
- Cut the orange into ¼” - ½” thick slices. Add orange to the saucepan and recover.
- Wrap the cinnamon sticks, allspice berries, cloves and any other optional spices in a clean cheesecloth or fabric cooking bag. Add to the saucepan.
- Cook uncovered, occasionally stirring and pressing spice bag, until hot and fragrant. Turn heat down to warm.
- Ladle into a mug, garnish with a cinnamon stick, and enjoy!
- If you like it on the sweeter side, add a little brown sugar or honey.
- Sconnie it up with a splash of brandy, bourbon or rum.
- Turn it into a dessert treat with a drizzle of caramel and whipped cream.