Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
- 4 cups green beans (ends trimmed, long ones cut in half)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 (4 oz.) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) can French-fried onions, divided
- Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover the green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms, green beans, condensed mushroom soup, milk, cheddar cheese, ½ cup of french-fried onions, soy sauce and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining onions.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 350° or until bubbly and golden brown.