This is an exciting time for today’s marketer. You have more avenues than ever before to get your message out there, establish your brand, communicate your offer, find your customers and build relationships. Now’s the time to embrace a multichannel marketing strategy.
So, how do you get started? Successful multichannel marketing is more than just mailing letters, sending emails and making phone calls. It’s developing strategies and creative campaigns that integrate direct mail, email, digital, mobile and more so you can reach the right customer, through the right channel, at the right time—multichannel marketing mojo!
At Responsory, multichannel marketing is our specialty. Even though every campaign is unique, there are 5 tried and true strategies we use each and every time:
1) Careful Planning: Start with a clear goal. Do you want to generate leads, increase sales, build relationships, etc? Having a clear goal in mind will help you plan a strategic, tactical campaign to achieve the best results.
2) Strategic Audience Segmentation: By dividing your audience into segments and crafting targeted marketing messages, you will deliver meaningful, appealing communications that will incite prospects to act.
3) Consistent, Focused Messaging: Keeping your message consistent across all channels builds trust with your prospects and avoids confusion.
4) Meaningful Cadence: Thinking about your touchpoints and how they relate to each other over time helps you establish a natural progression or logical flow to your campaign. Each touchpoint builds off and responds to the last one to help increase conversions and generate sales.
5) Thorough Reporting and Tracking: The most important aspect of any campaign is putting proper analytics and attribution methods in place, before the campaign starts, to really understand how you are achieving your results. This is valuable information for building future successful campaigns.
Multichannel Market in Action
Recently, Responsory developed a robust multichannel marketing plan for The Intersect Group (TIG) an Atlanta-based IT and F&A staffing and consulting firm. See for yourself how a campaign including dimensional direct mail, digital advertising, a dedicated landing page, email, phone follow-ups and PR brought in big results!